This warranty is in lieu of any and all other warranties, expressed or implied by Dover Woods Cabinetry, Dover Woods, Associates and/or others and is only valid in Canada and in the United States of America.
Dover Woods Cabinetry, (Dover Woods) provides a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" on all our manufactured products to the original consumer purchaser of our products, for as long as they own their home where our products are initially installed. Our products will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal home use.
Dover Woods coverage terms provide a 5-year warranty on the cabinet construction and 5-years on the cabinet finishes.
Lifetime warranty coverage applies to hardware, as described below under; Customer hardware options.
All warranty coverage commences on the shipping date.
Dover Woods limited warranty obligation under these terms and conditions shall be limited to the repair or replacement of any part or parts of our products which may prove to be defective under normal home use within the warranty period detailed above and which our authorized representative’s examination shall disclose to our satisfaction to be defective. Our obligation under this Limited Lifetime Warranty or otherwise, with respect to the products supplied by Dover Woods, is subject to Dover Woods having been provided a reasonable opportunity to inspect and repair/or replace the alleged defective products or workmanship. Dover Woods shall not be responsible for any indirect, consequential or any other form of damage or loss, which is not expressly and specifically covered by this Dover Woods Limited Warranty.
This limited lifetime warranty is only valid if an authorized Dover Woods technician and/or an authorized Dover Woods dealer/reseller installed the cabinetry. Dover Woods Limited Lifetime Warranty is not transferable.
Customer hardware options (specific warranty coverage and terms)
• Should the cabinets purchased be installed using the « BLUM » hardware, a lifetime warranty on the parts is included with this system.
• Should the cabinets purchased be installed using a brand of hardware other than BLUM, the 5-year warranty detailed herein will apply.
(See installation specifications and/or bill of sale for better understanding of system purchased with cabinets).
1. This limited warranty shall become void:
a. If the cabinets are damaged by misuse, abuse, negligence, alterations, acts of God, excessive exposure to direct sunlight, exposure to moisture or exposure to extreme temperatures.
b. If improper installation or handling was conducted.
c. If cabinets and/or it’s parts become damaged as a result of storage by others.
2. This limited warranty does not apply to the mellowing and aging of wood products due to photo degradation to its finished appearance (i.e.; the effect of natural and artificial light to woods and finishes). Variation in the wood grain or color; fading or visible cracking around joint areas.
3. This limited warranty does not cover countertops, appliances, plumbing fixtures or any and all products not manufactured and supplied by Dover Woods.
4. This limited warranty does not cover costs and expenses pertaining to, labour; incurred in removing or installing, product transportation of our products or related components, nor shipping costs.
5. This limited warranty does not cover failure of the sealant or wood components caused by excessive humidity or condensation.
6. This limited warranty shall not apply to the effects of normal wear and tear.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no warranty whatsoever with respect to accessories or parts not supplied or manufactured by us.
Dover Woods reserves the right to alter product design, specifications and materials without prior notification or obligation to incorporate such changes to products previously manufactured. If a warranty claim is filed after a style is no longer being manufactured by Dover Woods, Dover Woods reserves the right to fully satisfy its obligations under this limited warranty by either replacing the affected component with a new component of the same style, or if Dover Woods no longer has any more components of the same style, with a style supplied by Dover Woods which is the most similar to the affected component. If components are replaced, Dover Woods does not guarantee that the finish of these replacements will match exactly the finish of any surrounding components. This is due to the changes that occur during the wood's natural aging process, affecting its color and grain.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights, which vary from province to province and state to state. Some provinces or states may not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
1. To file a limited warranty claim, contact your locally authorized Dover Woods dealer or reseller; who will arrange for an inspection of our products.
2. Once an appointment date and time is confirmed by all parties, the Dover Woods dealer agrees to be present upon the authorized technicians’ arrival. Should the dealer or customer wish to cancel appointment, they must give 2 full days notice. Dover Woods reserves the right to charge dealers for time lost in the event the customer is not present for the appointment. Technician posted rates will apply.
3. Proof of purchase is required to obtain benefits from this Limited Lifetime Warranty.
4. The authorized dealer or reseller will obtain the information necessary to make a claim decision and forward such information in writing to Dover Woods, for action on the claim.
5. Limited Warranty claims must include a complete description of how the defect occurred.
6. If you have difficulty obtaining assistance, please write/e-mail Dover Woods at the following address:
Dover Woods Cabinetry
679 Babin Street
Dieppe, New Brunswick E1A 5M7
Toll Free: 1-800-563-5482
Tel: (506) 858-5855
Fax: (506) 859-1817
E-mail us at: [email protected]
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABLILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AND OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES ON OUR PART. DOVER WOODS NEITHER ASSUMES, NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING SALES REPRESENTATIVES, DEALERS AND/OR DISTRIBUTORS TO EXTEND OR ASSUME ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF DOVER WOODS PRODUCTS. THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS WILL BE THE PURCHASERS EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND THE PURCHASER HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS PROVIDED FOR IN THE SALE OF GOODS ACT (NEW BRUNSWICK) AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST DOVER WOODS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.